Coca-Cola Company's DASANI® Water Brand “Takes Steps to Reduce Plastic Waste Through Increased Use of Recycled Materials, Expanded Package Innovation”, according to a Coca-Cola news release on August 13, 2019. The news release notes that the innovations are in support of its “World Without Waste” goal
- "to make its bottles and cans with an average of 50 percent recycled material by 2030"
- "[to] reduce plastic waste and increase the use of recycled and renewable materials in the United States, while ensuring that all DASANI bottles continue to be fully recyclable."
- "New innovations include:
- The debut of HybridBottle™
- The expansion of package-less DASANI PureFill water dispensers with the addition of up to 100 PureFill units across the country
- The introduction of new aluminum cans … and … bottles … continued “light-weighting” across the DASANI package portfolio … to reduce the amount of virgin PET plastic
- The addition of “How2Recycle” labels to all DASANI packages”